Monday, December 15, 2008

i love to travel!

I've visited a number of places in my love. Each year I plan and hope to go visit some new places. Sometimes I re-visit a place that I like... usually because work brings me there (eg after a long gap since my first visit, I've been to London 3 times in the past 2 years, NY 3 times, Washington DC 4 times). Not that I mind, because those cities are absolutely wonderful :)

I found a website which helps mark countries that I've visited. I'm surprised that I've visited a total of 20 countries... a mere 8% of the world, and about 5x the number of towns or cities.



I got a world map together with my recent subscription of National Geographic Traveller. It's still lying in my drawer where I keep a lot of junk, waiting to be hung on that empty wall next to my wardrobe. I plan to stick pins (or something of that nature since I don't actually own a corkboard) for every place that I've visited.

I also did a quick test to see what type of traveller I am. The description sounds quite right, but the "top destinations" and "places to avoid" seems terbalik. Venice, Paris and Tokyo are definitely on my "places to visit" list (I've visited Paris twice and hope to go there again next year). Tahiti is intriguing, I'm quite satisfied having seen Uluru (in Alice Springs) from up above on a flight back to Malaysia once and have no idea where Ciudad Perdida is :p

Your travel type: Travel Yup

The Travel Yup likes exotic and adventurous travel, but prefers big cities with fast paced life. He has a keen interest in other cultures and always brings home a few souvenirs.

Shopping in Bangkok, getting a tailor made suite in Kuala Lumpur, that's the kind of thing the Travel Yup is into. Even though he likes to get away, he prefers his travels to be comfortable.

top destinations:

Alice Springs
Ciudad Perdida
Tahiti

stay away from:

Venice
Paris
Tokyo
get your own travel profile

Insyaallah, if all goes according to plan, I'll be paying Baitullah another visit next month. Went to get my meningitis jap today at Pusrawi (shot given by a rather dashing Dr Razlan Shah... had he placed his stetoscope over my heart, he would have heard the pitter patter, hehe...) and got my *stop menses* pills since the trip will be right smack when my *monthly* is expected to give a visit.

I'm really looking forward to the trip... my second. The last time was 13 years ago, when I was a much more innocent and dosa-less. I hope that the trip will help purify my heart and soul and make me a better and God abiding servant. A lot of sin have been accumulated since...

In preparation, I should start doing more of what is expected of a good Muslim.

No comments: