Friday, May 30, 2008

nuptial bliss...

The side effects of listening to Cook's crooning of always be my baby, the first time ever i saw your face, all i really need is you etc is that it gets me into hoping and berangan that one day a person would sing or utter words to the effect that is expressed by the lyrics. That someone would feel *that* way for me. Like he sang... Dream Big! =)

Anyway, in my course of satisfying my craving for more Cook, I've discovered this song which he recorded before he got into the whole Idol hoopla. Song & lyrics written by the word nerd himself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMzrnlViuFY&feature=related

Gosh... how much more swoon-able is this guy going to be?? I've not been this excited about an artist since I first heard Il Divo. His tendency for songs with amazing lyrics such as the world i know and mixing the rough, huskiness of a rocker with a sensitive side... you obviously can see that I'm smitten ;) And I've always been a sucker for a man playing the guitar (one of the things that made stod catch my eyes... and heart, was when he played kau ilham ku... tapi tu semua kisah dulu2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8leVPAVYqI


ok... enough adulation... (gee, his affinity for words is rubbing off on me, haha). Back to the topic...

Tonight I attended a kenduri of a colleague from work. The first time pergi wedding on a Friday night. I just got to know Idayu... a result of DBB#3's decision to make all DDs manager of a game for the inter-DG. I'm the manager and Idayu the captain for our hockey team. I don't actually know who she was when I first saw her name, and I only learnt who she was about 1 1/2 weeks ago... kebetulan... in the lift. And she tegur me first (obviously!). A likeable energetic person. We got off on a good footing (despite my reputation of being sombong... which shall be another blog entry discussion). We managed to formally introduce ourselves and start talking about organising the team in the 30 seconds ride down the lift when she told me that she was going to be on leave for 2 weeks. I asked "You pergi holiday ke?" To which she replied by placing her hands top up in front of her... the pose of orang bersanding. "Oh you're getting married" I exclaimed, which was replied with a smile. "Congratulations!!"

Dan oleh sebab discovery itu, I pun dijemput ke majlis kenduri perkahwinannya. Felt a bit guilty... like I was crashing a party. Had I not asked her about her long leave, I wouldn't not know about the wedding, and she wouldn't have had to invite me. I mean... considering that we just kenal each other about 10 minutes and for me to receive a formal invitation, siap dengan map pelbagai. We met later during the week to discuss about how to go about planning the game and before she departed, "Nanti datang ya!" Hence...

Tonight, after a long break, I checked out Linda's fotopage. Gosh! I've been missing a lot. Those kids are growing up so quickly and so adorably. Lucky kids and blessed parents... that's what I say. Sambil membelek2 her photos, I came across an entry which marked their 5th wedding anniversary. If you're reading dear... my best wishes to both of you. For many, many, many more years of loving each other. No couple deserve each other better.

I've written previously about Linda and my views regarding her marriage to Mile, and on Mile as THE most romantic husband I know. He out did himself again this year (love that pendant babe!)... and how he explained what the progressive size of the diamonds mean. *me swoon again* In the day when I hear stories of people I know experiencing infidelity, hubby leaving pregnant wife etc the Linda & Mile love journey keeps me believing in the marital institution.

I don't think about these things a lot... perhaps it is an unconscious self preservation measure ;) But on the odd occasion that I do, or when I pose the question to another on why it hasn't happened... I've not found the answer.

But that does not stop me from talking about how my wedding should be. Haha... how loopy is that ;) No laa... tadi I had lunch with Haz and Sheri, so I asked her about how her wedding preparations are coming along. Hearing the *leceh* stories, I boldly announced that when I eventually get hitched (again, I'm being optimistic... it's when, not if), it will be no sanding, no bunga telur... none of those frills. My exact statement to them was "I'd rather spend the money to buy a really good fridge". Go figure...

And later in the evening sambil menikmati juadah nasi minyak, after Siti recounted her wedding day, I again confidently made the announcement that for my wedding, people will be invited to witness the solemnisation instead of to a kenduri makan. To which Safwan just smiled cynically... Oh well, that's the plan anyway. Envisioning a wedding without any groom candidate in mind... now, that's more absurd. See... that's why I don't think about these things ;)

Tapi apa2 pun... to my happily married friends, those in a relationship, about to get married dsb... keep that love burning. Coz if nothing else can save us, love can. And in the world that we live in today, we need all the love in the world.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strengh; loving someone deeply gives you courage ~ Lao Tzu

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hai darling!!! gosh..u actually made me cry reading your entry..thanks soooo much sweetie..those were really kind words...and makes me wanna strive harder to keep those fires burning!! Alhamdulillah I have been given my Man and u know kan, I keep on hoping and praying that u will find your Man too!!! Love you my dear..it has been soo long since I have heard from you...I guess u must have been busy and all with the new place and hols...u have to tell me abt your hols!!! mwahhh!! take care!!!